Know How to Convert ANSI PST to Unicode PST
If you are regular user of Outlook you must be knowing that .pst is default file format used in MS Outlook. PST files are one of the important components in MS Outlook. It is personal storage table file used in Outlook for the storage of personal informations like emails, contacts, notes, tasks, appointments etc. Most of the users who work on Outlook earlier versions like Outlook 97 to 2002 must be aware of the fact that it has not much storage capacity. These versions supports ANSI format which is capable to store informations up to 2GB. In case if size exceeds then you suffer from PST corruption and you have to opt for PST Repair solutions. So, you should convert ANSI PST to Unicode PST .
A New file format i.e. Unicode has been introduced in Outlook 2003 and its later versions which has much more advantages than earlier one. It has large storage capacity than ANSI format and supports multilingual data. Hence, PST files of later versions are less susceptible to corruption. If you want to convert old PST to new PST format then there is no direct way. You have to convert new data file in Outlook 2003 or 2007 and then import the old data into it. Let see how to convert ANSI PST to Unicode PST.
Steps to Convert ANSI PST to Unicode PST
- Open MS Outlook and go to File menu. Select “Data File Management” and then “Data File” shown in dialog box. Click on “Add” button
- Select .pst file and then click OK
- You have to type a file name for the new PST file and the display name for the Folder. After naming pst file, type folder name in “Name Box”
- Now Click on File menu and Select “Import and Export”
- Then select the option “Import from Another Program or File” and then click “Next”. Then after select .pst an click OK
- In this step you have to import the file by entering the old PST filename in “File to Import” option
- You have to specify the folder from which you want to import
- In this step click on “Import items into Same Folder in” and select the new PST file and then click “Finish” button. Now the old SPT data are imported in new one
In this way you can convert old PST to new PST format . This conversion process is not an easy task it is quite time-taking and problematic. So, in the case of you face any PST related issues or any kind of data loss situations so you can use Outlook PST Repair Software. It is trustworthy software that not only repair damaged PST files but also capable to restore PST objects.